skip to Main Content
ISVA: Putting the client first 020 8882 4896 mail@surveyorsweb.co.uk

Home Forums General Discussion Retrofitted Insulation – Emerging evidence of increase in dry rot outbreaks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    isva
    Participant

As part of my research degree I am looking into the incidences of dry rot which allegedly have occurred following retrofitted insulation installation. I was wondering if members have experience in dealing with this?

Michael Holden

isva
    Participant

hello Michael,

I don’t have any personal experience of this issue but I do recall when working in Plymouth that the Local Authority were purportedly having issues with the North Prospect estate which was an inter-war development. If my ailing memory serves I seem to recall that the Council were looking at insulation removal costs. The estate has been substantially redeveloped since but there may well be someone in the Estates or Building Surveying departments who might have some info for you.
    Good luck with your research and I look forward to seeing your published findings; many surveyors in this part of the world incur the wrath of insulation installers for telling our clients not to risk it!

Kind regards, Tim Dunne, Underwood Wright Ltd.

Michael,

I’m a bit late to the party but if you get in touch with me I’ll tell you what one of the problems is that I’ve come across with this.

robert@pearldevelopment.co.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.