skip to Main Content
Putting the client first 020 8882 4896

NEW RICS REGULATIONS – Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

From David Hamilton, ISVA Council

Members are reminded that by 6th August 2018 Ombudsman Services: Property (OS:P) ceases to take complaints about surveying services.
THIS MEANS YOU MUST HAVE A NEW ADR PROVIDER, in accordance with Rule 7 of the RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms.
For Firms offering Estate Agency, Lettings Agency and Property Management they must be registered with one of two providers approved by the Government. They are “The Property
Ombudsman” (TPO) or “Property Redress Scheme” (PRS). You must inform OS:P of the action you have taken to redressconfirmation@ombudsman-serices.ORG.
All other consumer facing services may use Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) at 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU. They do not need to be informed.
BUT: You must advise RICS before 6th August 2018 of your new ADR Provider.

Back To Top